Friday, December 10, 2004

Another long day…

Well today it took a long time to get to Vienna and to make matters worse the map on the Holiday Inn website was wrong and it led us to the city center! It was a real mess actually…but we eventually made it to the hotel hahaha. Anyways I went to the city center after that hoping to find a concert going on somewhere that I could hear but everywhere I went was sold out! I had talked to the hotel people and had a few other places to go to in mind though! After some brief sightseeing, I made my way to the Burgtheater (National Theatre), where there was a performance going on in tribute to Elfriede Jelinek, who had just recently won the Nobel Prize in Literature. There was one slight problem I overlooked though – Mr. Rishi Anand speaks English and does not understand ANY German!!! Yeah so that turned out to be a bit of a problem seeing how all the mini-shows that went on there were in German! Anyways I did find them pretty interesting and ended up staying for the whole show…especially since I had paid already hahaha. Anyways so that pretty much rapped up the day.

No comments: