Thursday, December 09, 2004

Prague -- the city of tourists!

So a lot of people had told me that Prague is filled with tourists and they weren’t exaggerating at all! Literally every like second person on the street was holding a map walking around with that ‘help me I’m lost’ look hahahah. Anyways so yesterday the drive to Prague took soooooooo much longer than I had expected. We had to take the ‘regional’ highways on route to Prague so there WERE speed limits and PLENTY of construction and traffic. We eventually made it to Prague and the drive took about 2 hours longer than I had expected. On the way though there were some interesting little “shops” set up on the highways which had very attractive girls dancing in the windows. That brought back memories of Amsterdam hahahaha but being the good boy that I am I kept on driving and did my best to keep my eyes on the road hehehe. I went to the city center, looked around for a while, got lost many times, and yeah that was yesterday. Today I had planned on going on a walking tour (since the one in Berlin was so awesome) but my ‘laziness factor’ kicked in and by the time I got to the city I had missed ALL of the walking tours in the whole freaking city! So I settled for a quick bus tour and it sucked large, especially since the lady giving the tour spoke with a very thick Slovakian accent – no exactly the kind of “English” that I had hoped for. What a waste of 300 Krones!!!! Anyways after that useless tour I did some sight seeing on my own and managed to see some of the main sites like the Prague Castle and Charles Bridge. I was feeling really tired today so opted to cut my sightseeing short today and went for dinner and then headed back to the hotel. I didn’t end up seeing all the places I had wanted to have seen but I honestly don’t care hahaha – only 10 more days till I get back!
Tomorrow we head for Vienna though which should be very nice.

No comments: