Saturday, December 11, 2004

Vienna is simply - PHENOMENAL

Well today was a very busy day of sightseeing. I went to all the main attractions in Vienna. But going to the KunstHausWien really slowed things down for me! This is an art museum dedicated to the works of Hundertwasser and it was absolutely phenomenal. Hundertwasser is a very famous Austrian artist who believes in humans living in harmony with nature. For example the KunstHausWien had trees covering the roof! Anyways his ideas were really cool and his paintings were also phenomenal (there’s that word again!). After being completely captivated by this place I decided to change my sightseeing schedule around a bit to visit a subway building that he had designed at the Spittelau subway stop – that was also very cool. MORE IMPORTANTLY I found a ‘resort’ that he had designed which I think would be an incredible place to go with my future wife (one day – hopefully at least hahaha!) on our honeymoon. It’s called Rogner Bad Bluemau (http://www.blumau.com) and words cannot describe how cool this place is. All the little houses in this little city are designed with grass on their rooftops and they actually connect to the group so you can walk on to them easily. Also the whole little town is filled with a beautiful stream of water and it’s very – you guessed it PHENOMENAL hahaha! Anyways so yeah I wanted to visit this place right now but it’s like 160 km south of Vienna and we definitely don’t have any time for that. Anyways all this Hundertwasser really got me off-track and by this time many of the other places I wanted to go were closed so I just got a view of them from outside. Anyways I also bought a ticket to see the Wiener-Hofburg Orchestra play tonight and the show was PHENOMENAL. They played many operas/polkas/instrumentals by Mozart and Johann Strauss. I’ve never heard such an incredible orchestra! Anyways so yeah that was great and that sums up the day.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

*GASP*

you went to Vienna.....

and went to the orchestra there!!!!

this Hundertwasser guy sounds pretty cool! Wow there's sooo much room in terms of design if the principles shift to harmony with nature!! Mm the possibilities