Sunday, December 19, 2004

Best/Worst Lists

Well now that things are pretty much wrapping up, here's a list of best/worst things I've seen in Europe over the last 3 months --- if there are other things any of you can think of let me know hahaha:

Most expensive city: London, Rome
Most expensive country: Switzerland
Cheapest City: Lisbon Portugal
Cheapest Country: Portugal, Czech Republic
Best looking girls: Spain, France, UK (surprisingly), Italy
Best looking guys: who cares hahaha!
Best country for food: without a doubt Italy
Sleaziest city: Surprise surprise - Amsterdam hahahaha! (Madrid is in a distant second though, which was a surprise)
Nicest scenery: Anywhere in Switzerland!
Best nightlife: Spain
Nicest city: Paris
Nicest country: Italy
City with the most diversity: London
Most disliked city: Milan, Birmingham, Prague
Worst public transportation: Dublin
Best radio station: Radio 1, UK
Best country radio stations: Spain, France, UK, Italy
Favourite Hotel: Sheraton in Bilbao,Munich; Crowne Plazas in Dublin, Prague
City I had the most fun in: London, Barcelona, Nice, Edinburgh, Vienna
Best beaches: Spain
Place I wish I had stayed a little longer: Interlaken, Switzerland (I wanted to take the train up to the Jungfrau mountains and do some of the eXtreme sports they have there) and Venice!
Place I wish I had visited: Western part of Ireland (Cliffs of Moher and other places for NICE scenery!)
Most frequently watched TV channel: CNN (I'm not too crazy about CNN but it's everywhere), MTV Europe is great though!
Scariest place to drive: Switzerland, everywhere! and some of the hilly barren mountainous regions in Spain
Most aggressive drivers: Italy -- these guys don't know how to stay in their lanes!
Nicest place to drive for scenery: Switzerland -- it might be scary but it was nice!
Funnest place to drive: The UK, driving on the left side was soooo much fun! And the crazy (unlimited speed!) Autobahn highways of Germany!!!
Hardest place to communicate: Germany
Nicest people: BY far Switzerland!!!
Meanist people: I'm leaning towards the people in Dublin, but I may have just ran into a few sour apples there.
Most annoying place to get around: London - my subway line kept having delays!
Safest city: Pretty much all of them, I had no problem walking around at night on my own!
Hardest place to move our luggage: Madrid, Amsterdam, and luckily I booked a hotel outside of Venice!
Best dressed people: France, Italy
Favourite Cities: London, Paris, Berlin, Rome, Venice, Brussels, Vienna, Barcelona

No comments: